THE DEEP HAVANA OF THE "HABANEROS"
(8:30 am or 12:00 pm, only working days)
If you are looking for a unique and authentic experience through streets and neighborhoods of Havana where the tourist doesn’t set foot, if you are interested in sharing and exchanging with residents of the city, see how they live and what they like, this it’s your Tour. The Real Havana is not the squares and museums in the Historic Center, but the marginal neighborhoods of Central Havana and Old Habana, the historical and cultural curiosities, the hidden architectural beauties.
Note: Schools are closed on weekends, holidays and vacations, so we must replace them with other places of equal interest.
This is a Tour for curious people who enjoy immersing in the depths of the local culture. We will see the last vestiges of the oldest cemetery in the city. We will visit a neighborhood “agro market” where you can find out what Cubans eat. We will see a picturesque community of neighbors (solar habanero) where a “santero” will introduce you to the Afro-Cuban religion “santería”. We will also visit a less known church that has very little to envy to the Cathedral of Havana. We will share a time with the children of an elementary school and we will talk about education in Cuba. We will enter the National Ballet School (one of the best of the world) and we will see how the talented young students rehearse. We will show you one of the most beautiful old pharmacies in the world. You will know beautiful unusual buildings, hidden from view of the tourist. You will see how the future Cuban boxing champions train. Will pass by the birthplace of José Martí, considered by many the greatest personality in Cuban History. You will know the story of Alberto Yarini, a legendary pimp of the 1920’s and where he had his dating house… and much much more. We guarantee you a unique and privileged experience.
It can rarely happen that our visit to the National Ballet School is at the same time of another activity there and we can’t get in. It’s out of our control and not very predictable. In that case we will replace the Ballet with other interesting places. We must bear in mind that, officially, tourists are not allowed to enter, with us they make an exception but with regulations.
Minimum: 2 pax, 55 cuc for individual tours. The price of this tour is higher because we give tips and donations to access restricted places, as well as to thank locals for their contributions.
• Hamel Alley • “Bodega cubana” • Agro cuban market • Streets of Central Havana • National Ballet School • “Santero” – Afro-Cuban religion • Old pharmacy • Primary School • Church of “La Merced” • Streets of Old Havana • Boxing Gym • Yarini, pimp early twentieth century • Tasting of a “guarapo” • José Martí’s Birthplace • Old wall • Chinatown
We replace schools when they are not accessible by:
• Remains of the first cemetery of Havana.
• University of Habana
• Ceiba Park
• Church of Saint Christ.
- Time: 8:30 am & 12:00 pm (be on time please)
- Frequency: working days, from Monday to Friday. Several of the places we are going to visit are closed on weekends and holidays.
- Meeting point: Carlos III #1115 between Luaces and Montoro.
- Length: 20km.
- Duration: 4:30h
- Price: 35cuc/pax
- English and Spanish speaking guide
- High quality and comfortable bikes
- Mineral water bottle 500mL
- Safe storage for your luggage
- Technical support on the go
- Bring protective sun cream
- Bring sun glasses
- Bring camera. You’ll take fantastic pictures
- Wear comfortable and transpirable clothing
- Wear a hat or cap